Thursday, September 18, 2008

Save the World

Do you ever have those days when you want to save the world? You want to yank fried food out of everyone's hands and tell them how it is so bad for them. The problem for me is that I want to eat it once I have saved them from it. Seriously, I feel so reflective today. I really haven't figured out what I want to do with life. I have a good job and make good money, but am I happy? Ehhh. I like the thought of teaching. Reading, PE? That is so weird since I literally HATED, DESPISED PE as a child/teenager.


I would still never make the students do gymnastics. Those made me cry. I can't do a damned cartwheel, so leave me the f alone. The teachers never understood that. They embarrass you in every way possible. Maybe I want to do it so badly to be one that can make a difference.


On the bright side of things, I'm down for my weigh in this week. Hooray. Happy dance. Whooooo HOOOOOO. 193.4. Now, I shouldn't be so happy since I already lost this weight once, but it is closer to my short term goal of 189 by Halloween, which at this point is so totally doable! DUH. 189 has been my lowest ever, but I set a goal on Chubby Chick's Christmas Challenge of 175 by Christmas and that goal scares the living shit out of me. I don't know if I can do it, but I'm going to try hard.

Last ramble for the day. I had the best run I've had in a long time last night. I did a 5K on the treadmill in just under 34:00, which is good time for my slow butt. I sweat like crazy. It felt good because I wasn't sure if I could still run that far (I totally would slack on running everyday for the rest of my life, but it is so good for me). Hope everyone else is doing grand!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the loss! seriously, I can see you UNDER 189 by Halloween, no problem. Just keep up the running (I hate it too!) or whatever. You just might suprise yourself.

And if you don't... I will go "Jillian" on you ass!! LOL J/K

That is awesome that you complete the 5K. I have never tried it before. Maybe I'll try sometime this week. I soooo suck at running. It was my "PE" embarassment!!! OMG- I was always last when we had to run the mile! And don't get me started on the hurdles... ugh!

Keep up the great work this week.

Anonymous said...

KUDOS ON THE 5K AS WELL!

I loved Mr Woodcock.

stupidlowbrow but very funny (especially with my husband as I LOVE to watch him laugh...it makes me laugh every time)

Miz.